Current job opportunities at Community UMC are below:
Choral Director – Women’s Ensemble
Community UMC is looking for a part-time director for our Women’s Ensemble.
Description: The Director leads the choral group in evening rehearsals twice a month and in Sunday morning performances once a month from September through May. This leader chooses the music, establishes the rehearsal calendar, leads rehearsals, provides vocal coaching and communicates regularly with the group regarding upcoming events.
Requirements: A vocal background is important with experience directing/leading choral music. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills along with a warm, enthusiastic style. The ability to work with members of varying levels of experience and expertise is important.
Applicants should email a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
For information about the position including a job description, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at 630 355 1483.
Director of Youth Ministry, Part-time/Full-time
Summary of Position:
- Responsible for the Christian spiritual formation of youth from 6th grade through high school.
- Reaches out to youth where they are by developing relationships in the community.
- Facilitates youth programs such as mission trips, Junior and Senior High Fellowship, Sunday School, Confirmation, outings, etc. with the goal of guiding and nurturing youth as they experience their journey of faith.
- Empowers them to play an active role in their own discipleship. Seeks to integrate youth into the life of the larger church and community.
- Reaches out to College students and young adults and identifies ways to bring them into fellowship
- Recruits, trains and supports adult and youth volunteers. Communicates with parents and families.
- Provides vision and direction in the development of programs.
- Supports the vision of a congregation that welcomes people of all ages, races, ethnicities, cultures, genders, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identities, economic conditions, physical or mental abilities.
- Experience working with youth in a church setting
- Passion for working with youth and a desire to encourage theological and spiritual growth
- Understanding of youth culture and the issues facing young people and a knowledge of the stages of development of adolescents and teens
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and caring personality comfortable reaching out in fellowship
- Ability to solve problems and build teams
- Background in Christian tradition and an approach that is compatible with United Methodist doctrine and Community UM church.
- Furthers the UM mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- UM clergy preferred.
Call 321 208 3040 for more information. Please forward résumé or letter of interest to:
20 N Center St
Naperville, IL 60540