Community UMC partners with many organizations to support their ministries. Sometimes this support is in the form of labor, as in our Volunteers in Mission work trips. Sometimes it is through supplies, with drives for food banks and shelters, or for UMCOR disaster relief programs. Sometimes the support is financial, through our Second Mile Rainbow Covenant giving.
You can view some of the thank-you letters from our 2009 mission partners here. These are PDF files, and you will need the free Adobe Reader to view them.
- DuPage PADS, which provides shelter, job counselling, and other services to the homeless
- ChildServ, a Chicago organization helping children and families
- Midwest Mission Distribution Center, an UMCOR depot in Chatham, Illinois providing desks and kits for schoolchildren, disaster “flood buckets,” and other relief supplies
- Illinois Independent Living Center, which through Katherine Manor in Naperville and other sites provides affordable housing and attendant services for individuals with special needs
- JUST of DuPage, which provides a variety of programs to inmates in DuPage County jail
- Senegal Wellness, an organization working to improve the health of the people of Senegal
- Aurora Interfaith Food Pantry, providing nutrition to families in DuPage county
- Hesed House, which offers housing, job counseling, and other services to families
- Aurora Shalom Ministries, which provides meals for low-income families