Mission Trip Fundraisers
It has been an idea for several years to do an international location and the Sr. High will be going to the Bahamas with Bahamas Methodist Habitat July 21-27, 2019. So, for those who do not have one – you DO need a passport and we recommend you start that ASAP. This also means the price tag is higher with a grand total of $25,000. Fund raising has already begun but we need to amp up the process now that we are in 2019.
Many hands lighten the load! Please consider how you can support the following fund raisers:
- Chili Cook-Off. Sun Feb 3, 12:00 noon. Buy a spoon $5 to participate in tastings and vote for the winning recipe! We have youth to make announcements during Saturday and Sunday services leading up to the event. We *need* youth to sell tickets (spoons) on 1/20 and 1/27 between services. Spoons available day of the event for $7 and free will donations accepted at the event.
- Nothing Bundt Cakes. Sun Feb 10. Sell Nothing Bundt Cakes for Valentines Day We could do pre-sales as well as selling that Sunday. Details coming.
- Dinner Theater. Sat Mar 9 and Sat Mar 16. Dinner Theater for Community Players production of Dangerous Corner. We need people to work the dinners and concessions.
- Spring Cleaning Collection. Apr 6. We will need people to collect items, pack a truck and take donations to Savers. Money raised per pound of donations!
- Easter Breakfast. Sun Apr 21, 6:00 am. Will need cooks, servers, set up and clean up.
- Rib Fest. Dates & time TBD. We would like to do July 4, if possible, which doubles the $ of other days – so please consider setting aside time in your holiday schedule to staff a time slot.
Contact Deacon Nick with your questions and ideas!