CUMC will host a â€œJazz for Habitatâ€ (Habitat for Humanity)
Our church is participating along with 26 other churches, in the building of a â€œfaithâ€ home for a family in Aurora this summer.Â â€œJazz of Habitatâ€ is a way we can help raise funds for this home and have fun at the same time.Â 100% of all monies will be donated to Habitat.Â Thrivent Financial will match our money for this project making it â€œdoublyâ€ important that we have a good turnout for this event at our church
The â€œSound Houndsâ€, a local Jazz band will play Jazz as well as â€œbig bandâ€ music for our listening and dancing pleasure.Â At Intermission time we will have soft drinks and Paczkis for sale.Â A Paczki is a Polish pastry which has been served on â€œFat Tuesdayâ€ since the middle ages by the Polish people.Â Thousands of the Paczkis are sold in the Polish areas of Chicago each year at this time.
Advance tickets $15 (age 10 and under free, students $5)Â or $20 at the door.Â Advance tickets can be purchased online* hereÂ or Sunday mornings in February at the church.
* Instructions for paying online:
- Select the Donate button.
- Under the special offering, the enter the total amount for the tickets you are buying.
- In the text box put Jazz for Habitat.
- In donation frequency select One time.
- Let start date default.
- Press Continue and complete the form.
- Select I am not a robot and press process.
- When you get the receipt page, print it and bring to the concert on Feb. 28 as your ticket(s).