Church Administrative Assistant, Naperville, Illinois
Community United Methodist Church, Naperville IL
CUMC Naperville is looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant. This is a multi-faceted position and one which is highly valued by our church. Our administrative assistant handles tasks including greeting visitors, answering phones, allocating rooms to various groups, typing and printing bulletins and calendars, sending out mass emails, maintaining records and files, completing and mailing forms, providing direction for meeting set-ups and other miscellaneous duties.
If you enjoy variety every day, like working with people and get satisfaction out of seeing an office run like a well-oiled machine, drop us a line!
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Friendly and patient.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Flexible and willing to adapt to new ways of doing things.
- Able to work independently.
- Must understand the importance of confidentiality.
- Christian faith is required for this position, with United Methodist membership preferred, but not required.
Qualifications such as a business degree or experience in general/church business administration functions are valuable.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills
- This is a part-time position with 27Â½ work hours per week
- There is no allowance for health insurance in the compensation package
- To apply for this position, please send a resume to “SPRC, Community United Methodist Church, 20 North Center Street, Naperville IL 60540”.Â Please include a brief cover letter which should state your salary expectations.Â Send materials for receipt at the church by Monday, March 10, 2014.