We are collecting school supplies for UMCOR use. Requests from UMCOR are specific, so that each child receives a “kit” containing similar items. If you are able to help, please bring your supplies to the collection box in the donut hallway by Sun Sept 13.
UMCOR School Kit
- 3 notebooks, either spiral, gum board,
or a pack of loose leaf lined paper 150 sheets or less pads of paper
or spiral or top bound pads, 150 sheets or lessâ€”(no composition books)
- 6 unsharpened pencils
- hand held pencil sharpenerâ€” 1â€ or bigger
- 1 pencil eraserâ€”2â€ or larger
- 1 ruler 12â€ long with metricâ€”hard or flexible
- 1 box of 24 crayonsâ€”please only 24 count boxes
- 1 pair blunt scissors (rounded tip) â€”(no plastic scissors)
Donation containers will be in the hallways. Buy now while items are on sale. Bulk donations of any of the items are also welcome. If you do not have time to shop for school supplies, financial contributions may be turned in to the offering plate or to the office (checks to Community UMC, memo School Supplies).
Any school supplies are welcome, eg, pens, glue sticks, bottles of glue, pencils with advertising. Last year non-UMCOR supplies were sent to ChildServ and Armour Elementary School in Chicago.