Elections are in November
In this current climate of division and discord, join us as we are ledÂ by Tish Calhamer in a discussion about how to communicateÂ with people who have different opinions from yours.Â Learn techniques on how to have civil conversations.
Tish Calhamer – Speaker
Tish is the Community Engagement Manager forÂ Gail Borden Public Library District. She is also a facilitatorÂ for Illinois Speaks, an organization that provides resourcesÂ to support monthly small group discussionsÂ within communities throughout the state.
This timely discussion will include:
- The current climate of division and discord and how it affects interpersonal relationships
- Verbal cues, keeping your emotions in check, diplomatic phrasing, de-personalizing, and more
- How to have civil conversations in a public seingâ€”not as hard as you might think
- How to have civil conversations with family membersâ€”a difficult taskâ€”thereâ€™s hope and help!
- Techniquesâ€”invitational inquiry, talking sticks, etc.
To register, email June Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.