- Wed Jun 22 2022
- 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Wed Jun 22, 7:00 pm
There will be a special charge conference to discuss the sale of the second parsonage in Aurora. Here is additional information:
- Our church will be transitioning from having a full-time associate pastor to two part-time positions (Director of Youth Ministry, Pastor of Pastoral Care). Due to this change, there will be no need for a second parsonage going forward.
- Per the Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church, any funds from the parsonage sale may only be used to pay off the mortgages and/or capital improvement.
- This action will help us move toward one of our strategic financial goals.
Q & A
- What is this meeting for?
This meeting is required by the Northern Illinois Conference to sell any church asset.
- Why are we selling a parsonage?
As of July 1, our church will be a single appointed pastor church so we do not need to have two parsonages.
- What can the money be used for?
The Book of Discipline states that the funding can only be used to repay a mortgage or for capital expenditures to repair another church asset.
- Who will decide what to do with the money?
The board of Trustees is responsible for allocating the funds as they seem fit but will partner with the financial committee for additional support and will get the church council’s approval.