The accountant is responsible for maintaining up-to-date records of all financial transactions, processing the payroll, and carrying out business transactions as directed by the Treasurer, the Finance Committee, and the Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church.
Maintains general ledger chart of accounts and sets up new accounts for unrestricted and restricted funds as directed by the Treasurer, the Financial Secretary, and the Finance Committee or required by donations.
- Experience and understanding of general accounting and business procedures and practices.
- Experience in working with a variety of software programs. QuickBooks. Intermediate Excel experience. Ability to prepare payroll through Paylocity website. Ability to prepare 1099’s with accounting software.
- Ability to prepare and analyze financial statements.
- Experience preparing annual budgets.
- Availability during daytime office hours – flexibility will be a plus as some times during the year are busier than others.
- Supports the vision of a congregation that welcomes people of all ages, races, ethnicities, cultures, genders, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identities, economic conditions, physical or mental abilities.
Contact Evie at Staff-Parish Relations Committee with your resume.