Community UMC partners with many organizations to support their ministries. Sometimes this support is in the form of labor, as in our Mission work trips. Sometimes it is through supplies, with drives for food banks and shelters, or for UMCOR disaster relief programs. Sometimes the support is financial, through our Second Mile Rainbow Covenant giving.
You can view some of the thank-you letters from our 2009 mission partners here. These are PDF files, and you will need the free Adobe Reader to view them.
- DuPage PADS, which provides shelter, job counselling, and other services to the homeless. CUMC serves as a shelter every Sunday night.
- ChildServ, a Chicago organization helping children and families.
- Midwest Mission Distribution Center, an UMCOR depot in Chatham, Illinois providing desks and kits for schoolchildren, disaster â€œflood buckets,â€ and other relief supplies. A team from CUMC volunteers monthly at the center.
- Fox Valley Habitat for Humanity Faith Build House develop communities and create homeownership opportunities. CUMC has worked on the houses and is planning to work on the 3rd in the summer of 2019.
- Illinois Independent Living Center, which through Katherine Manor in Naperville and other sites provides affordable housing and attendant services for individuals with special needs.
- JUST of DuPage, which provides a variety of programs to inmates in DuPage County jail.
- Hesed House, which offers housing, job counseling, and other services to families. Monthly CUMC volunteers provide dinner at the family shelter.
- Suits for Success provide new parolees with clothing appropriate for their job search. CUMC will be a collection point for clothing.