One of our traditional ways of sharing God’s blessings is our celebration of United Methodist church-wide Special Sunday offerings. At Community UMC we emphasize and educate our members during Sunday service for each of the six special Sundays.
- We celebrate Human Relations Day to recognize the potential of all human beings and support programs that serve those on the margins of society.
- One Great Hour of Sharing enables the United Methodist Committee on Relief to reach out throughout the world to provide ministries of food, shelter, health, and peace.
- Contributions collected during Native American Ministries Sunday are used to nurture mission with Native Americans and provide scholarships for United Methodist Native American seminarians.
- During Peace with Justice Sunday, we advocate for peace and justice through a broad spectrum of global peacemaking ministries.
- World Communion Sunday provides scholarships for U.S. (racial- and ethnic-minority) and international students, on both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Collections for United Methodist Student Day are used to furnish scholarships and loans for students attending United Methodist-related and other accredited colleges and universities.