PADS says thank you, thank you, thank you!
Pastor Jeremiah and his family, along with Pastor Hannah and many CUMC volunteers, prepared an amazing authentic Asian feast for our PADS guests Sunday night. Our guests could not believe how blessed they were to enjoy such an amazing, restaurant-quality meal!
Thank you also to our great CUMC community for providing food donations, sheets, blankets, socks and time! We look forward to showing more CUMC love in February, so stay tuned for how you can get involved in this amazing ministry.
Hosting Sun Feb 9
Please sign up to help!
Warm Clothing for Our Guests
The cold has come early! Please donate new hats and long underwear, new or used gloves or mittens to help keep our PADS guests warm on the street this season! Those items can be placed on CUMC’s kitchen counter labeled PADS and we will be sure to get them to those in need as soon as we can!
Dinner Host Sun Mar 8
Grab your friends, fellow Sunday school mates, neighbors, men’s group, and help make dinner for our guests Sunday, March 8. This can be simple – purchasing food or getting it donated, dividing responsibilities and bring food to church ready to serve, or take over the kitchen and prepare it all at CUMC together!
- 3 or 4 volunteers to come and make sure the food is ready to serve our guests between 7:00 pm and 7:15 pm, including setup of buffet serving line, setting a few items on guest eating tables and making coffee/lemonade and setting up drink table.
- The typical dinner shift is 6:00 pm through 8:30 pm, depending on the complexity and timing of dinner to be provided.
- It includes a main dish, side dish, and dessert. Main dishes can come in many varieties:
- Donated food from a local restaurant
- Group divides up food to be provided, is cooked separately and just brought to CUMC prepared and needs to be kept warm
- Group prepares food together in CUMC kitchen Sun afternoon/early evening
- What is provided:
- Some regular dinner volunteers that can assist in getting the food buffet, drink tables and dishwasher going
- Salad fixins w/ dressing and drinks for dinner