Open Hearts, Open Minds, Open Doors
Monthly PADS Duties
What we would provide:
- Space to host the PADS guests, and all sleeping supplies (sheets, blankets, pillows, bed pads)
- Building Supervisor from CUMC (2-3 hours) on Sunday evening and Monday morning to provide guidance with door locking, dishwasher, access to supplies and other facility questions
- Bathroom facilities including paper supplies for our guests
- Kitchen essentials: dishes, silverware, glasses and dishwasher use
- Cooking essentials: pots and pans, utensils, full use of refrigerator, freezer, stovetop, and oven
- Cleaning supplies for the cleanup shift on Monday mornings
What church or group host would provide:
- 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm (4-8 people)
- Volunteers to set up the sleeping area
- 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm (4-6 people)
- Volunteers to serve and clean up dinner.
- Time could be earlier if the meal needs preparation before the meal is served at 7:00 pm
- 9:00 pm – 5:00 am (4-6 people)
- Shifts can be divided into increments easiest for you.
- Three shift suggested timing: (1) 9:00 pm-midnight, (2) midnight – 3:00 am, (3) 3:00 am – 5:00 am
- Two shift suggested timing: (1) 9:00 pm – 1:00 am, (2) 1:00 am – 5:00 am.
- 5:00 am – 7:00 am (4-6 people)
- Volunteers to prepare and serve breakfast
- 6:00 am – 8:00 am (6-8 people)
- Volunteers to clean up breakfast dishes
- Sanitize and store all beds, pillows, and blankets
- All used linens need to be bagged up and one volunteer needs to deliver to Edward Hospital for laundering, on Monday morning after cleanup.
- Dinner for 50 guests, a menu of your choice (including a meatless option) – can be homemade, purchased, or donated
- Lunches for 50, that can be prepared to go, as guests take them when they leave building at 7:00 am.
- Breakfast food for 50 guests, a menu of your choice